Fastest Crusader Speedfarming Build
Check out our Armor of Akkhan Set Guide for more info on this set.
|Crusader Speedfarming “Fastest build” : Akkhans Thorns|
|Shoulder||Invoker||Bombardment||Barrels of Spikes|
|Chest||Akkhan||Steed Charge||Spiked Barding|
|Hands||Akkhan||Consecration||Bed of Nails|
|Legs||Akkhan||Iron Skin||Reflective Skin|
|Feet||Akkhan||Akarat’s Champion||Prophet or Rally|
|Belt||Belt of the Trove|
|Ring||Ring of Royal Grandeur||Finery|
|Weapon||Flail of the Charge||Heavenly Strength|
|Off-hand||Shield of the Steed|
|Legendary Gems||Kanai’s Cube|
|Boyarsky’s Chip||Hack (Any)|
|Bane of the Trapped||Goldwrap|
|Boon of the Hoarder||Avarice Band|
COOLDOWN REDUCTION and THORNS must be in ALL POSSIBLE SLOTS. This means CDR in Diamond Helm, Paragon, Gloves, Shoulder, Rings, Amulet, Weapon, Shield.
Is LoN Thorns better than this? I’d say no.
|Akkhan’s Thorns||LoN Thorns|
|100% Steed Charge (No Swiftmount)||90% (Perfect rolls + Swiftmount)|
|Weaker at 0 Stacks||Better Damage (Overkill for TX)|
|Stronger at 2+ Stacks||Doesn’t scale at all|
|Looks like robot||Doesn’t look like robot|
|Traveler’s active? SMASHES LoN!!!!||Cannot use any other set…|
It’s also much easier to farm decent gear for Akkhan’s Thorns.
Invoker’s Bracer and Shoulder? The bracers are set in stone – I just recommended Shoulders since it has the highest Thorns value rolled SURELY. You can use any other Invoker piece (swap with another Akkhan’s piece)
Greater Rift Farming: Build Changes?
Meaning “Remove Goldwrap, Hoarder and Avarice“. The above build can get you far in GR’s speedrunning lower level rifts, but once you get to a “wall” (either gem leveling or EXP grinding) you have to make some changes.
- Akarat’s Champion-Prophet would be wise.
- Norvald’s Sets into: Hack, Mortal Drama, Vo’Toyias Spiker, Akarat’s Awakening etc…
- Endless Walk be the best choice for the open Amulet and Ring.
- Lord Commander becomes questionable depending on your setup.
- Fervor is a lot better than Heavenly Strength in these cases.
- Boon of the Hoarder into: Powerful, Stricken or Gogok.
- Nemesis Bracer cubed definitely boosts clear speed!
The build doesn’t actually lack damage, now that I think about it. What might brick you in GR’s is the lack of toughness so you might want to use good ‘ol Aquila Cuirass, Justice Lantern and Hold Your Ground.
Bounties: Build Changes?
The default setup is pretty much bounty friendly already, the only added change you can make to add a little more speed:
- Swiftmount cubed, but this is questionable given the high uptime on Steed Charge.
- Gloves of Worship cubed (for T7 bounties maybe?).
There’s really not much else you can do to improve mobility past this point. Warzechian CAN fit but… why!? Wreath of Lightning comes at too high a cost, only use it if your killing power is enough for the torment you do bounties in.
I need more power!
This segment is hard to write for with Crusader. The build above is pretty much maxed out on offense (barring the gold combo). So use the GR section for guidance. For absolute greedy nyerking power…
- Heart of Iron cubed for small gains in Thorns.
- Convention of Elements is especially potent with this build. You can use it EVERY TIME IT’S ON PHYSICAL! due to the extremely high CDR values.
- Akarat’s Champion-Hasteful for Hack builds.
- Hellfire Amulet with Holy Cause.
Practical DPS increases are hard to come by for this build, no matter how greedy.
Even the minimum Caldesann’s for your entire set is the most powerful “change” to your build – much more so than with the usual build given how STR is a major aspect of Thorns.
Of course, finding ancient items and even using the minimum Caldesann’s for your speed set is legit. It helps with clearing speed immensely (allowing greedier builds).
Remember that for many general purpose farming builds toughness is an invalid stat. So keep an eye out for items that would otherwise be garbage – you can maybe “salvage” them into perfectly fine speedfarming sets. Example:
Got a Belt with Str, Armor, Regen, Thorns. While this would normally be a salvage you can go so far as to roll another secondary +EXP instead of trying to get VIT or All Res! This example is a bit extreme but you get the point.
Other Crusader Resources
Learn more about the Crusader sets!
- Armor of Akkhan Builds Guide
- Thorns of the Invoker Builds Guide.
- Roland’s Legacy Builds Guide.
- Seeker of the Light Builds Guide.
For more D3 resources, check our directory guide.
Enjoy speed farming with your Crusader by LITERAL drive by. Listen to Norvald, even he didn’t care about defense! For D3 updates, Like us on Facebook!