Hey guys! Welcome to our Demon Hunter’s The Shadow’s Mantle Set Dungeon Guide. Here we will talk about what build to use, skills, items, notes, map and more!
|The Shadow’s Mantle Set Dungeon Build|
|Items||Skill & Rune|
|Shoulder||Shadow’s Burden||Impale||Chemical Burn|
|Belt||Chain of Shadows||Shadow Power||ALL ACTIVE|
|Boots||Shadow’s Heels||Ambush||Blood Vengeance|
|Neck||Any||Hot Pursuit||Tactical Advantage|
|Ring||Any (Obsidian)||Envious (Any / Irrelevant)|
|Irrelevant (Wreath of Lightning? Zei’s?)|
Options & Notes:
- Chemical Burn is a MUST HAVE rune – trust me.
- While many skills are really optional, there’s nothing you really need.
- DO NOT go with Dawn + Vengeance! the random shots will lead to unnecessary kills.
- So many irrelevant items? YES – it’s easy to reach minimum “power”.
Support the site through Patreon/BRGMedia!
Where is the Shadow’s Mantle Set Dungeon? It’s right before Malthael’s room!
- Teleport to waypoint ACT V – Pandemonium Fortress L2.
- Make the long and familiar trek to Pandemonium Fortress L3.
- Shadow’s Mantle Set dungeon entrance is right there, as you zone in!
The Shadow’s Mantle Set Dungeon Map / Layout?
Impale Set Dungeon is a challenge but fun. It’s a mix of precision, strategy and speed.
Map & Pathing
Familiarize yourself with the map first. A sample path is shown above.
- Start! You’ll eventually reach a room. Clear this now or at the end, doesn’t matter.
- Head UP and clear that square hallway, best to clear this now.
- Go down-right and clear that looooooooong rectangle. This is the main chunk!
- Finish off by clearing that waffle thing, and returning to the first room!
Tips & Explanations
Honestly, the first few tries felt hard but after a few attempts I felt like I couldn’t fail at all!
Objective: Impale Streak
So 99% of your stress comes from this objective. First let’s take a look at some of the facts surrounding this objective.
- Only counts Impale bonus damage – Ricochet doesn’t count. Hitting a guy twice (if the elite lives) also doesn’t count and BREAKS the streak.
- SKELETONS WITH SHIELD do not count. If you break the shield and hit – streak is gone.
- Impaling the air breaks the streak.
That being said, misclicks will be your greatest enemy in this dungeon. BE PATIENT!
Why Chemical Burn rune? The burn from the dagger breaks then kills shield skeletons with one hit. This is a massive time saver of having to break the shield by other means. It also synergizes with Cindercoat.
REMOVE AREA DAMAGE from all your gear and paragon. Why? Guys dying off area damage have a slight delay and your dagger may find nothing if AD kills ’em.
DISMISS YOUR FOLLOWER… sudden enemy changes in direction, CC and other things… they’re more harm than they’re worth in this dungeon TRUST ME.
Objective: Slowing w/ Shadow Power
This objective is easy but easily misunderstood. Weirdly, only the INITIAL SLOW UPON SHADOW POWER ACTIVATION is counted towards the objective. It’s more of a Discipline sink if anything else.
Not challenging whatsoever, and should only be a minor annoyance. Get this out of the way asap since it ruins your movement rhythm. It should be done way before the half point.
Hatred Management, a real issue in this dungeon! Luckily, we have some measures:
- Cindercoat + Chemical Burn is a nice reduction of costs right here.
- Zodiac + Preparation-Punishment is a classic trick.
- Bat gives us a tiny boost.
- Blood Vengeance! and optionally, Reaper’s Wraps!
Given all these measures, Hatred may STILL seem low. You can stand around and spam our generator (Grenade) for this purpose – as an emergency. While you may be tempted to use the Vengeance-Seethe + Dawn combo – I advise against it! Vengeance causes too many unnecessary deaths.
The Cleaning up Phase – expect to fail this dungeon once or twice once you enter the cleanup phase! It can be a bit annoying.
WARPING DUDES are your worst enemy (You know what I’m talking about). I’m pretty sure they appear in packs of 2-3, so if you see one try to take extra care in making sure they’re all gone. They also cause you to miss your Impales so again – PATIENCE.
Once your objectives are complete – RACE to the end. Sadly, this isn’t one of those dungeons that you can backtrack easily, so if you miss some guy across the map – it’s a redo.
Other Demon Hunter Guides:
- Demon Hunter Leveling Guide
- Demon Hunter Fresh 70
- Embodiment of the Marauder | Marauder Set Dungeon
- Natalya’s Vengeance | Natalya’s Set Dungeon
- The Shadow’s Mantle | Shadow’s Mantle Set Dungeon
- Unhallowed Essence | Unhallowed Essence Set Dungeon
- Demon Hunter Speedfarming General
- Demon Hunter Best Speedfarm Build
- Demon Hunter Support Builds
Check our our D3 Guide Directory for anything else you might need!
The Shadow’s Mantle Set Dungeon is damn easy, and hopefully, we helped you even a little bit!