THE NON THORNS HALF OF THIS GUIDE isn’t fully fleshed out yet – since it’s a sub-optimal use for the set.
THIS PAGE IS FOR NON-THORNS AKKHAN’S
P1 is for Akkhan’s Thorns
S6 Note: If you’re looking for non-thorns Invoker – this page is it. While it’s synergistic and fun, non-thorns Akkhan is under-powered right now, but it’s an “open” set which means you can have a bit of fun with the build.
Chunky unsighly table of re-rolls right below
COOLDOWN REDUCTION vs. OBSIDIAN RING OF THE ZODIAC
(WE DO NOT spend Wrath in this setup – but this is something Akkhan’s users should know)
Ok so there’s 2 ways to keep a 100% (or close to) uptime to Akarat’s Champion. It boils down to “A bunch of CDR” vs “ORoTZ“. It can also be seen as “Losing a bunch of DPS stats” vs “1 Ring slot”. Determining if it’s worth it is another issue all together. Personally – I think CDR is better, it’s FAR more consistent, and affects all other skills equally – as such it’s what I will be recommending in this write-up. 56% Sheet CDR is needed for Akkhan’s –
Keep note some of the sets “hidden properties”
There’s not much to say here. If you’ve watched any Captain America movie, you should have a general idea how to play Akkhan Blessed Shield…. (OK, seriously).
More enemies = More Power: Tagging as many guys as you can with Blessed Shield makes you much stronger via Akkhan’s Leniency – so try to take on the biggest fights you can manage. (Did you see that last part? “You can manage”).
All the buffs: Keep track of the various buffs you have, it’s a large part of your play –
- Akarat’s Champion – Is the very soul of your build, do not let it fall off. You should also know if you’ve used up your Prophet free death, too.
- Punish – increases your block chance so never let it fall off! It also gives various bonuses depending on rune, or all of them with Angel Hair Braid.
- Iron Skin – is it up? Will you need it soon? Should I use it now?
- Convention of Elements
Items: Swiftmount (Cubed), your choice
Learn more of the other Crusader Sets!
- Armor of Akkhan | Akkhan Set Dungeon
- Thorns of the Invoker | Invoker Set Dungeon
- Roland’s Legacy | Roland’s Set Dungeon
- Seeker of the Light | Light Set Dungeon
For other D3 Guides, please check our Guide Directory.