Hey guys! Welcome to our Barbarian’s Might of the Earth Set Dungeon Guide. Here we will talk about what build to use, skills, items, notes, map and more!
|Barbarian: Might of the Earth Set Dungeon Build|
|Items||Skill & Rune|
|Head||Eyes of the Earth||Leap||Call of Arreat|
|Shoulder||Spires of the Earth||Earthquake||Chilling Earth|
|Chest||Spirit of the Earth||Ground Stomp||Wrenching Smash|
|Wrist||Skular’s Salvation||War Cry||Veteran’s Warning|
|Hands||Pull of the Earth||Threatening Shout||Demoralize|
|Belt||Chilanik’s Chain||Ancient Spear||Boulder Toss|
|Legs||Weight of the Earth||Passives|
|Boots||Foundation of the Earth||Earthen Might||Pound of Flesh|
|Neck||Any (Ess of Johan)||Boon of Bul-Kathos||Rampage|
|Ring||Any (Band of Might)||In-Geom|
|Main||Blade of the Tribes||Lut Socks|
|Gogok of Swiftness|
|Bane of the Powerful|
|Bane of the Trapped|
Options & Notes:
- The “any” slots are irrelevant and can even be yellows. There’s no “must” in that slot.
- Lut Socks is MANDATORY!
- CDR is very important – DO NOT forget about EQ4 set bonus (Boulder Toss).
- Since we use Boulder Toss, why not use Skular’s to obliterate Elites.
- Accessories don’t really matter here. Zodiac while good for nearly all set dungeons, falls flat with this setup. Feel free to use Whirlwind + Zodiac for some extreme cheese.
Where’s the Might of the Earth Set Dungeon? It’s in Act II outside Belial’s room.
- Teleport to ACT II City of Caldeum waypoint
- Walk towards Belial’s room
- on the right side, just before the entrance – it’s right here!
Might of the Earth Set Dungeon Map / Layout?
MotE set dungeon, for me, is a good balance of fun and challenge. Enjoy it!
Map & Pathing
Familiarize yourself with the map first. Look at the image above.
- The map is fairly simple… the opening “S” which connects to a very large loop.
- Map is pretty big so be extra thorough when cleaning up the first half.
- Upon reaching the large loop, I suggest going DOWN and completing it from there.
Tips & Explanations
Objective: Leap, Ground Stomp & Earthquake in under 6 seconds on every Elite.
CDR! “Free” quakes don’t count (I’m quite sure) so your EQ has to actually be cast from your skill bar! CDR from gear and Gogok help – but one of the main things you need to remember is the EQ2 set bonus: Using fury reduces the cooldown of many skills. This is why we use Boulder Toss! It doubles up as an elite-killer as well!
You can’t be too strong – While this kind of power level is pretty high, outright killing elites after Leap’s free Quake is a problem. De-power yourself by un-equipping items or gems.
Objective: Freeze and kill at least 1 enemy every 10 seconds for 1 minute.
Mastery in this dungeon might seem a little annoying but it’s not so bad.
One Quake is enough (or should be!) to kill any non-elite. Keep in mind that it’s a heavy ground based AoE – so you don’t need to hang around and watch ’em die. Once they walk in and get frozen, just go. If you’re too weak then consider powering up a bit.
Leap is not only a free Quake – but a potent traveling tool. In this annoying map of vertical differences, Leap is a great tool for traversing this map. Sadly, it’s also your main source of damage so “SPACE OUT YOUR FREE QUAKES”. Needlessly holding on to Leap will surely spell out your FAILURE.
Check our our D3 Guide Directory for anything else you might need! The Might of the Earth Set Dungeon is damn easy, and hopefully we helped you even a little bit!