Hey guys! This guide is all about how to beat and master Raiment of a Thousand Storms Set Dungeon! Here we will talk about what build to use, skills, items, notes, map and more!
This can be very frustrating – I don’t blame you if you end up bringin’ a friend.
|Monk: Raiment of a Thousand Storms Set Dungeon Build|
|Items||Skill & Rune|
|Shldr||Raiment||Mystic Ally||Air Ally|
|Wrist||Nemesis||Sweeping Wind||Inner Storm|
|Hands||Raiment||Mantra of Salvation||Agility|
|Boots||Raiment||Beacon of Ytar||Exalted Soul|
|Neck||Any||Guardian’s Path||Chant of Resonance (Any)|
|Ring||Zodiac||Burst of Wrath (Envious Blade)|
|Off||In-geom||Ring of Royal Grandeur|
|Gogok of Swiftness|
- I actually cleared “easily” using the Wave of Light combo (Pinto, Kyoshiro’s Blade)! I figured people might not like that suggestion – if you get desperate though, it’s an option.
- Envious Blade isn’t really needed, so is Fleshrake – it just gives some peace of mind that your DS may be powerful enough to one-shot even without the 6 piece buff.
- That being said, Burst of Wrath in the cube really really helps. You can wield the Axe and cube In-geom if you like. (In-geom being mandatory).
- NEMESIS IS A MUST
- Belt can be anything (Vigilante, Saffron, Witching Hour…)
Where is Raiment Set Dungeon? It’s located in ACT I – Old Ruins.
- Teleport to the said waypoint, in Act I – Old Ruins.
- Walk to your upper left a bit, and the Raiment set dungeon entrance is there!
Raiment Set Dungeon Map / Layout?
This all depends on how experienced you are with Raiment – I’m not too hot at it so it took a fair amount of tries. Completing the objectives are easy – mastering, on the other hand…
Map & Pathing
First of all, familiarize yourself with the map. Look above, it shows a sample path. There’s only one “option” when clearing the dungeon, the main path/method is quite set.
- Run past and clear the Great Bend, clearing all enemies in the main path (at least)
- Race to the Golden Chest (GC).
- Backtrack and kill as many guys as you can in the Maze, then cross your fingers.
- The Junkyard is your only crossroads…
- Completely clearing it is nice, but you may not make it to the GC.
- Loosely clearing it leaves you at the mercy to bonus kills off Nemesis.
Tips & Explanations
The Golden Chest – is quite easy given the map advice above… Don’t worry about backtracking, you’ll have to do it anyway!
WHY NEMESIS? Well, there are a ton of pylons here, but is why exactly are we using it?
- In-geom: There are no naturally spawning elites in this map!
- Kill Count: Extra mobs actually count toward the mastery.
Junkyard – what to do!? COMPLETELY clearing the junkyard translates into some precious lost seconds. Personally, I just try to grab the pylons there and go. Hopefully, the bonus kills from Nemesis make up for it.
Only very very experienced players can get through this “fairly” without the Nemesis cheese. Again, I only use raiment for Monk Bounty Speeds, and this…
The needed Stats: As seen in the options above, there’s countless ways to adjust this to your needs. One thing set in stone is you need a bunch of Resource Cost Reduction (RCR) and to a lesser extent, Cooldown Reduction (CDR).
Given the statement above, crafting some yellow rings and an amulet with those stats is a massive help, at the loss of DPS.
Well, all of that being said, you probably won’t clear this on your first try – but that’s ok! A little practice goes a long way… Good luck out there!