Hey guys! Welcome to our Crusader Armor of Akkhan Set Dungeon Guide. Here we will talk about what build to use, skills, items, notes, map and more!
|Crusader: Armor of Akkhan Set Dungeon Build|
|Items||Skill & Rune|
|Head||Akkhan (Leoric’s)||Punish (Any)||Celerity (Any)|
|Shldr||Akkhan||Iron Skin (Any)||Flash (Any)|
|Wrist||Any (Strongarm)||Steed Charge||Endurance, CHAIN|
|Belt||Any (Krelm’s)||Akarat’s Champ||Prophet|
|Boots||Akkhan (Illusory)||Fervor / Heavenly||Finery (Any)|
|Neck||Any||Insurmountable||Hold your Ground|
|Ring||Any (Zodiac)||Kanai’s Cube|
|Ring||Any (RoRG)||Frydehr, Prophecy, Furnace|
|Main||Norvald (Prophecy)||Illusory Boots, Leoric’s Crown|
|Off||Norvald (Frydehr)||Zodiac, RoRG|
|Bane of the Trapped|
|Bane of the Powerful|
|Gogok of Swiftness|
Options & Notes:
- The “any” slots are irrelevant and can even be yellows. There’s no “must” in that slot.
- Weapons: I put TWO sets since many do not own a non-kanai Prophecy or Frydehr.
- Frydehr’s Wrath is probably most important effect-wise, use it or cube it with ANY setup.
- Furnace is only needed if elites suck up your time. Do a few test runs.
- Norvald’s + Frydehr’s cubed is the fastest setup, but you need decent RAW DAMAGE.
- CDR is very important Akarat’s Champion uptime.
- Illusory and Leoric’s are both great cube items, it depends on how much CDR you’ve got.
- Alternatively, you can fit RoRG in there somewhere to fit both the boots and Leoric’s.
Where’s the Armor of Akkhan Set Dungeon? It’s located at Bastion’s Keep Stronghold – Armory. The shared “town” for A3/4.
- Teleport to Act III(or IV) Bastion’s Keep Stronghold (the town).
- There’s a door directly on the right of the Blacksmith – enter it.
- In this Armory there’s a small room on the right. Entrance is here!
The Armor of Akkhan Set Dungeon Map / Layout?
Map & Pathing
Familiarize yourself with the map first. A sample path is shown in the images above.
- Completely clear this opening area as re-scouting here sucks.
- It’s just one huge loop… make sure you go to the raised platform first.
- Go right, and clear this massive hall best you can. (You end up here again so don’t stress)
- Continue on the right and follow the loop upwards, ending at the “two bridge”.
- Ending at the bridges is okay – since there might be stragglers on the “other bridge”.
In the Mastery section down there, I will be discussing 2 strategies depending on how you want to play it. Both work, so just choose from there.
Tips & Explanations
BEFORE GOING IN: Since a lot of Akkhans armor out there is tuned for THORNS, this can be pretty annoying since AKKHANS SET DUNGEON will be MUCH HARDER the more thorns damage you have. You’re better off with a junk piece that an ancient with thorns on it.
This also affects DPS in general as thorns builds will not have CRIT chance/damage on ’em. Try it out and balance your gear if you own many Thorns Akkhans pieces, otherwise a junk set could very well be “better”.
(Objective) Condemn 10 enemies 12 times: I think they changed the density of this place. It ain’t so bad as before. Pretty self-explanatory, and why we use Vacuum rune.
Each pile is 10, sometimes more but almost never less, which is great. But accidental kills suck so DO NOT USE FOLLOWER cause they just bother the process.
Steed Charge to scout, Provoke to drag ’em, Vacuum to round em up and tag ’em. That right there is the ideal method to gather these suckers. Of course any mix of the abilities works out well, but you get the idea.
Thorns sucks as mentioned above having too much thorns may result in accidental kills which are a no-no. Again, use “junk” set pieces if you have to.
(Objective) Kill 150 Enemies with Akarat’s Champion on: Pretty easy since you want to do this anyway. CDR is of the utmost importance for this. See that little number on the skill icon? It’s a tracker for it. Not much else can be said for objective, I suppose.
Akkhan’s Set Dungeon Mastery
Mastery can be a little annoying but it didn’t take me more than a few tries. There’s a few things that needs to be discussed here…
Power level directly influences your speed here. The Prophecy – Frydehr – Furnace combo is the most powerful but least mobile build, but that’s OK since you’ll more than make up for it in TIME SPENT FIGHTING.
“Careful 1 loop” and “Two-loop Condemn n Clean”: Are the two different strategies I’ve tried when tackling this map. Let’s describe them.
- “Careful 1 loop” is the standard method of just sweeping all enemies while going for the Condemn objective. Very doable with this basic method.
- “Two-loop Condemn n Clean”: Travel once around Condemning obvious large piles, you should very quickly get this objective doing this! Then on the second loop your goal is to erase all remaining stragglers. Not a bad method!
Countering Stragglers (and elites): Single target damage is awkward with this build, and those random lickers lying around with a loose, uncondemnable spread can get salty. This is not helped by the fact Vacuum is slow as hell. To help with this, I found that “ALWAYS HAVE CONDEMN CHARGING” really helps!
WHOA THIS GUIDE CAME OUT A LOT LONGER THAN I EXPECTED!!!!
Check our our D3 Guide Directory for anything else you might need!
Learn more of the other Crusader Sets!
- Armor of Akkhan | Akkhan Set Dungeon
- Thorns of the Invoker | Invoker Set Dungeon
- Roland’s Legacy | Roland’s Set Dungeon
- Seeker of the Light | Light Set Dungeon
The Armor of Akkhan Set Dungeon is actually FAIR! The challenge level is okay, and it was quite fun to tackle it. Don’t get too salty!!!
Like us on Facebook for more D3 updates!