Hey guys! Welcome to our Roland’s Legacy Set Dungeon Guide. Here we will talk about what build to use, skills, items, notes, map and more!
|Crusader: Roland’s Legacy Set Build|
|Items||Skill & Rune|
|Shldr||Roland||Sweep Attack||Gathering Sweep|
|Chest||Roland||Steed Charge||Endurance / Quarter|
|Wrist||Any (Drakor’s Lesson)||Provoke||Hit Me|
|Belt||Krelm’s Buff||Laws of Valor||Unstoppable Force|
|Neck||Any (T.Pledge) (Hellfire)||Holy Cause||Heavenly Strength|
|Ring||Any (C.Rose) (Restraint)||Kanai’s Cube|
|Ring||Any (CoE) (Focus)||In-geom (Flense, Denial) (Furnace)|
|Main||Golden Flense (Norvald)||Illusory Boots|
|Off||Denial (Norvald)||Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac|
|Gogok of Swiftness|
|Bane of the Trapped|
|Bane of the Powerful|
Options & Notes:
- The “any” slots are irrelevant and can even be yellows. There’s no “must” in that slot.
- Golden Flense + Denial are the only “needed” slots.
- That being said, Norvald’s set is equally good.
- Most set dungeons punish being “too powerful” – this isn’t one of them.
- Stack as much power as you can as it DIRECTLY helps the clear.
- Cubed powers can be iffy… make sure you have Flense if you’re using Norvald.
- Furnace if you’re too weak… but that can be addressed in other means.
- In-geom if you have enough power and know what you’re doing.
Where’s the Roland’s Legacy Set Dungeon? It’s located in Act II Road to Alcarnus
- Teleport to Road to Alcarnus waypoint in ACT II
- Take the path going left until your reach a dead end
The Roland’s Legacy Set Dungeon Map / Layout?
Map & Pathing
Familiarize yourself with the map first. A sample path is shown above.
- Go all the way left, then proceed upwards to the “lower room”.
- Lightly clear the top part of this area and continue onward to the “upper room”.
- Kill what you can on the left-side of this place and destroy the upper arc.
- You’ll find yourself in the upper room again, try to completely clear it.
- Similarly, you’ll be in the lower room again and completely clear it.
- Back to opening room! Hopefully, you just have to wrap things up here and you’ll be done!
Tips & Explanations
(Objective) Spend 300 Wrath in 10 seconds, 5 times:
Finish this one early! If you find a pile of enemies, just keep Sweeping even after they’re dead just to beat the objective. This can be done very quickly: within the first minute~.
Practice this one a bit first. You’ll understand it after a few tries. The best recommendation here is just swing at the air, as that’s what you’ll need to end up doing to clear this “practically”. Maybe after every elite dies? Or chunk? You get the drill.
(Objective) Sweep Attack 12 enemies 7 Times:
Don’t try too hard – just let it happen naturally. DO NOT FORCE it on sparse groups… instead ENSURE IT ON PROMISING GROUPS. I think you get it, right?
That line above is what’s gonna carry this objective.
Gathering Sweep is a tiny help here… you can try other things like Steed Charge-Draw and Quarter or Condemn-Vacuum but in the end your best bet here is a little bit of luck, and knowing when to go for it.
Mastery I was having one of those days when I was mastering this. I have memories of being really frustrated. There was an element of “unfairness”. Notably, I mastered it that day in seasonal WITHOUT Golden Flense (I didn’t have it cubed, even)… so yeah…
Clearing on the second pass is something you should learn. The really open rooms should be totally cleared once you pass ’em again. You’re gonna be doing quite a few loopy maneuvers here.
Overall, this one didn’t really make me happy. While far from impossible, it’s one of the more “improperly tuned” set dungeons IMO. The map is HUGE.
The Roland’s Legacy Set Dungeon is tough – but very doable!
Check our D3 Guide Directory for anything else you need!
Learn more of the other Crusader Sets!
- Armor of Akkhan | Akkhan Set Dungeon
- Thorns of the Invoker | Invoker Set Dungeon
- Roland’s Legacy | Roland’s Set Dungeon
- Seeker of the Light | Light Set Dungeon
Like us on Facebook for more D3 updates!